Wednesday 8 February 2012

Cold Snap

It isn't technically the first time he's seen snow, but he was only three weeks old the last time so I don't think it counted. At least we weren't having to travel to the registry office this time, no scary car journeys!
He didn't really know what to make of it at first. Snow is a baffling thing to a small child, especially one who has fought hard against being put in an all-in-one winter suit to keep him warm. To be fair to the lad it did make him look a bit silly but the alternative was letting him get too cold.
We walked down to the lake and Joseph liked stamping in the snow, but didn't like letting go of either of us. He had a go in the swings and sat on the see saw and got the seat of his winter suit quite wet in the process. We took lots of pictures and stopped to watch a whole lot of people trying to toboggan. I didn't think the snow was quite deep enough, but it wasn't stopping them. Next year Andy wants to take Joseph tobogganing, but I think I'll stay at home with a glass of mulled wine and my feet up. That's the point of having boys, isn't it? You can get rid of them with Dad regularly for a quiet afternoon. I don't think it's as easy to do with girls.
The snow is gone now but it's still cold. Andy is just getting over a cold and Joseph is going down with it. We've had two days of runny snot everywhere and coupled with the fact that he seems to be permanently teething I've had to put him back in his old plastic backed terry towelling bibs. They look a bit small on him now, but it's better than having to change his t-shirt twice in the day. Calpol is being administered regularly, along with warm ribena and I'm holding out hope that I might have escaped this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment