Friday 27 January 2012

Top Tens

This is my 100th post on this blog and I'd like to do a little bit of a reminisce. So, here are my top ten favourite and my top ten worst memories of the past year and a bit.
10, The first time he lifted up a little hand at me and I realised he was asking for a hug. Awwww.
10, Treading on a wooden block carelessly left on the floor and bruising the underside of my foot.
9, Carrying him downstairs one morning and listening to him whisper "Dada dat dada" in my ear.
9, Discovering that the changing facilities in motorway service stations are horrifically bad and the things they have the nerve to call "changing tables" can be downright dangerous.
8,Watching him play "raspberry tennis" with a little girl only a few weeks younger than him. I have not laughed so hard in a while and it was made all the worse as I was trying to be serious.
8, Lack of sleep really does me in. I get cranky and short tempered, my short term memory is practically non existent and I start seeing things out of the corners of my eyes that are not there. Not a good situation when you're trying to look after a small child.
7, Watching him holding a birthday present looking utterly bemused. He hadn't got a clue what to do about the wrapping paper.
7, Andy did the first meconium nappy change when Joseph was born and it was nasty sticky stuff and Joseph got one foot in it and then crossed his ankles. Yeuch.
6, The look on his face when I pick him up from my day at work. 
6, The noise he makes when I leave the room. It's like I've abandoned him even if I'm just going to the loo or making a cup of tea. Oddly enough he's fine at his Grandmas when I'm gone for a whole day.
5, Calpol. Magic stuff, works almost every time. 
5, We're starting to get tantrums now. You take something off him that he shouldn't have and not only does he cry, but he's now started laying on the floor and howling. Then he sees something else he wants and suddenly he's fine again.
4, When his only method of locomotion was rolling over, he was called "Captain Roly-Poly". He got quite accurate at getting where he needed to go, but he did bash himself on things a lot. It was a relief when he started crawling, but the whole thing was quite funny.
4, When he was a few months old I was blowing raspberries on his tum and he kicked me in the nose. It hurt quite a lot for days.
3, Watching his first wobbly steps develop quickly into quite a confident walk. He doesn't stop now.
3, He does understand "No" he just chooses to ignore it. It's very hard to keep him out of things he shouldn't be in, I've had to try all sorts of little tricks.
2, The sight of him flat on his back, arms up, fast asleep in his cot. It's the one thing every parent wants.
2, The infamous coffee incident as mentioned in a previous post.
1, The first time he smiled at me. Everything was all right from then on. Now he laughs a lot, especially when I tickle him.
1, And the top worst thing? Well that's easy - every nappy I have ever changed, especially the ones where he's very dirty and tries to escape in the middle of it. But then, that's all part of it I suppose. If I didn't have the nasty nappies then I wouldn't have the cute amazing moments either.

No comments:

Post a Comment